When someone mentions the word wallpaper, usually those of us who are born between the ’70s and ’90s immediately remember our parents’ and grandparents’ décor. I’m sure that a great number of you will agree that they weren’t cool nor especially appealing. Although we witnessed a few decades during which wallpapers were forgotten in a way, within the last few years they reemerged as a trend – better than ever, that is.
Nowadays, this eye-catching trend can be seen everywhere, both in commercial and residential places. And while it’s true that almost all trendy wallpapers can turn your home from drab to fab, personally I find the geometric wallpaper designs to be the most attractive kind and here are a few reasons why.
Geometric Patterns Can Add Visual Interest
When I was on a mission to redecorate my home, I found out that bold patterns have the power to add a lot of visual interest to a home as they are quite eye-catching. Whether you are a fan of the traditional, modern or contemporary designs, geometric wallpaper patterns can bring a doze of playfulness into your home design. A thing to have in mind when purchasing a geometric pattern wallpaper is choosing one that works with your colour scheme. Another important thing I have learned is that the pattern of the wallpaper shouldn’t be extremely large or too small. If too large, it’ll overwhelm the size of the room, and if too small, it can be barely noticeable.
They Can be the Perfect Focal Point in a Room
I have learned the hard way that patterns can be overwhelming if overused, just like a flat design can be too dull. So, balancing your space with one pattern is the ideal way to have a stylish and eye-catching home design. Geometric patterns are great for the purpose and they can be used as an accent wall – one that can bring visual balance without being too much. Depending on your personal taste, you can choose between a neutral-coloured pattern or one that is bolder. If using the latter wallpaper types, make sure not to overwhelm the room with too much colour. Mixing and matching the right colours is paramount in order to be successful in your mission.
They Can be Used Anywhere
Whether you want to add a geometric wallpaper in the bathroom, bedroom, kitchen or living room, there’s no limit regarding the choice as these patterns can go anywhere. You can even use such wallpaper under the kitchen island. The best part is that there are endless options size and colours wise, which can significantly ease your choice. Here are some interesting ideas.
- Opting to wallpaper a corner in your home or the wall behind your TV stand will surely add dimension to your design without overwhelming the space.
- A wallpaper with a geometric pattern can fit perfectly even in industrial or rustic designed home. The natural texture of wood and rattan can go perfectly with the geometric and modern wallpaper patterns. Just make sure the colours you choose are in a neutral and light tone.
- In case you want to break up the dullness in your home office, you can do it with the help of a wallpaper that has some bold geometric patterns. You can add it either on the PC stand wall or on some of the side walls. The choice is yours.
- If you happen to have a small entryway, a wallpaper can do wonders there. In my case, I decided to add a bit of freshness with a neutral coloured wallpaper. The one I chose has a white base with some hues of light grey and some teeny tiny gold details. In my opinion, this is perfect for girls who love a little bit of sparkle.
- If you are not in the position to splurge a lot on decorating your bedroom, you can always use a simple, but stunning wallpaper with geometric forms. Both the pattern and colour scheme you choose should mainly depend on the rest of the bedroom design and décor. The key is to choose ones that can mix and match perfectly without being too much.