Sometimes, the main reason why many think that they have nothing to wear is not that their closet is empty, but because it is filled with clothes that don’t match their lifestyle. You might have all the right pieces of clothing to create the ideal outfit in theory, but they may no longer suit your lifestyle. If you have a rewarding but also very demanding job and busy schedule, like maybe working six days a week, indulge yourself in many activities like taking regular yoga classes, try to have a lunch to catch-up with your friends and come back home to your kids and family, you need to find the ideal combo of clothing that’s both formal and comfortable to wear. And, of course, you need to be well equipped with all the right pieces of footwear that will be elegant and kind to your feet.
Moreover, spending a big portion of your day on your feet or walking in uncomfortable shoes comes with a downside – tired and sore feet (maybe Carrie Bradshaw is the only woman in history who can effortlessly stay in towering heels all day long). Foot fatigue is a real thing and common conditions like ingrown toenails, bunions, and circulatory problems can all occur after you stand or walk for a longer period of time in uncomfortable shoes. That is why, when you start shopping for lifestyle footwear, instead of picking something that just catches the eye, look for shoes that you can wear on a variety of occasions. As a busy and always on-the-go person, buying comfortable lifestyle footwear is the best way to avoid foot fatigue and be in a good mood all day long. Here are some of the things that you should consider on your next footwear shopping spree.
- Comfy casual shoes should have soft, flexible uppers that adjust to the form of the feet instead of fighting against it. Other elements, like good cushioned insoles, add comfort and reduce the amount of impact your feet take with every step, while slip-resistant durable soles provide stability to keep you moving all day long.
- Also, when buying shoes, one of the most important things that you need to consider is the material that has been used. Leather is the preferred material and that is due to its durability and flexibility. It is a comfortable and durable material – it lasts longer when compared to other fabrics and it is available in different textures and colours.
- Buying shoes with the right fit is also of great importance when buying shoes, since as I’ve mentioned before, wearing ill-fitting footwear can be the cause for a variety of issues. Regardless of the quality and built of the shoes, if they don’t fit you well, they will definitely ruin your day. You can find anatomical options that complement the foot’s natural shape and movement for enhanced comfort, support, and stability.
- Probably the first thing that comes to your mind when speaking about comfy shoes are sneakers, but casual and comfortable shoes don’t necessarily have to be active sneakers. If you want the comfort of sneakers but at the same time, you want footwear that doesn’t skimp on style and can be classic and dressy, there is a great array of hybrid models that combine both. Luxury sneakers can also look the part for many occasions and help you make a subtle statement.
- Of course, you can still wear your dressier shoes when you go out on a date with your partner or maybe when you have work meetings. But you need to incorporate more casual models into your wardrobe, and also be creative about how to combine them with the things that you already have in your closet. For instance, matching a stylish pair of sneakers (not the bulky ones that we see often these days) that will provide you with the comfort and support you need, with your favorite pair of plain blue denim jeans is a sure way to add a special touch of cuteness to your look. You can match your kicks and jeans combo with a cute blazer for a casual day outfit. Or, if you want to wear your kicks with a number of different coloured shirts – go for a pair in neutral colours like black, white, blush or baby pink. Also, matching a pair of luxury sneakers with a form-fitting midi dress or a modest bellow the knees skirt will make you look stylish and will add a playful touch to what’s considered a typical feminine look.